Do you offer a payment plan?:
Yes. We offer an optional 3-installment plan. However, students may opt to pay it all upfront or put it on their credit card.
Do you have to be certified to legally function as a life coach?:
Certification is not required in order to begin coaching clients for a fee. Professional training, however, is an obvious first step that will show you multiple ways of coaching people in authentic experiences that position you at your best. Prospects and clients care most about what you can do for them.
Some individual training organizations and associations, such as ours, offer their own certifications. Each vary in terms of time, fees, and examinations required.
For some programs, it can take many months and sometimes years with quite a financial investment to get all the pieces in place. It’s very important to be as professional and proficient as possible when practicing life coaching as you are dealing with people’s lives. Certification is a personal and professional choice based on finances and a coach’s desire for competent training and credentials.
FACTS about the ICF (International Coaching Federation): The ICF is not a government agency. They are not regulated or overseen by any federal, state or local government agency. Coaching is not a government regulated industry. Coaching is not part of the allied health field or the fields of counseling, therapy, or clinical psychology.
Do I have to have certain qualifications to be accepted into your program?:
– Potential coaches should have a strong sense of self, be confident, and be authentic.
– Potential coaches should be willing to grow and develop themselves.
– Potential coaches should be great listeners and filter out their emotions, judgments and conclusions.
– Potential coaches should be curious about people and have a healthy sense of compassion.
– Potential coaches should live in integrity, tell the truth, and know how to get their own needs met.
– Potential coaches should not be attached to outcomes and can become neutral for the client’s agenda.
– Potential coaches should be financially responsible and act like an entrepreneur and business owner.
– Potential coaches should have balance in their lives and have a strong support system.
– Potential coaches should have good boundaries and know that the client knows what is best for them.
– Potential coaches should be intuitive, direct, creative, and willing to take the chance of being wrong.
– Potential coaches should have a genuine relationship with the Father through the Lord Jesus Christ.
– Potential coaches should have a workable understanding of the Bible and its principles.
What professional standards do you teach in your course?:
Our Coaches Creed
– I will hold myself accountable to the highest level of integrity, honoring Jesus Christ individually and corporately, in all my associations with clients and colleagues.
– I will maintain complete confidentiality with my clients, within the confines of the law.
– I will be clear with my clients about the nature of the coaching relationship, including structure, fees, refunds, expectations and guarantees.
– I will never give a client’s name to anyone, for any purpose, without express permission.
– I will give credit where credit is due for materials supplied by other sources, respecting copyrights, trademarks and intellectual property.
– I will judiciously avoid conflicts of interest. If any should arise, I shall, without delay, inform concerned parties of my position.
– I will represent myself honestly and clearly to my clients, and coach only within my areas of expertise.
– I will actively pursue well being, wholeness, and continual learning in my own life.
– I will refer a client to another coach if I am not within my area of expertise or comfort, so the client gets the best possible coaching.
– I will honor my Christian values in my professional conduct, placing neither blame nor blemish on the name of Christ or the coaching profession.>
Is Christian life coaching different from Christian counseling?:
Yes. Coaching is very different from a counseling, consulting or mentoring relationship. The coach doesn’t solve the client’s problems, offer consultation or advice to the client. A life coach comes alongside a person to help them through their challenges to move forward with confidence in the midst of change.
Coaching is not for those who need therapy to overcome disruptive painful pasts, but is for relatively well-adjusted people to build vision and move forward toward the future. It’s NOT about healing. It IS about growing and change. The best coaching is done by listening, asking questions and appropriately responding.
Counseling or therapy deals mostly with a person’s past and trauma and seeks healing or restoration while coaching seeks to help a client get from where they currently are to where they want to be.
Can you really teach me what I need to know in only 10 weeks?:
Yes. We can teach you what you need to know to get started in life coaching with a professional and Biblical foundation. It is also an accepted standard that all service professionals need to invest time and resources in continuing to educate themselves throughout their careers. The course requirements include 10 hours of live webinar training plus homework self-study and practice coaching sessions for a total of more than 30 hours of learning.
Will I have to take a test to get my Christian life coaching certification?:
Yes. There will be a brief, but thorough, written test that pulls directly from your homework and live classes. We also require our students to engage in practice coaching with fellow students or other people and provide us with written samples of a minimum of two sessions.
Are there books we need to purchase for the courses?:
Yes. We require the purchase of two and sometimes three inexpensive books for our courses. They can be purchased through Amazon.com in both printed and Kindle versions.
Do you keep in touch with your students in an ongoing manner after graduation?:
Yes. Our graduates are automatically enrolled as lifetime members of the Biblical Coaching Alliance™ and we mostly keep in touch with them in our private Facebook group or by email.
What do I actually get when I enroll in your training program?:
– 10 weeks of live teleseminar or webinar training with a seasoned coach
– Access to extremely helpful media, worksheets, and assessments
– Customizable intake forms, agreements, worksheets, and other documents
– The opportunity to be coached and to experience practice coaching
– Access to practice building and marketing materials to get you started
– Certification as a Life Breakthrough Coach™ (Upon main course completion)
– Designation as a Certified Biblical Life Coach™ (Optional Main Credential)
– Certification as a Marriage Breakthrough Coach™ (Upon marriage course completion)
– Certification as a Pregnancy Life Coach™ (Upon pregnancy course completion)
– Lifetime membership in the Biblical Coaching Alliance™ coaches network
– A listing on the LifeBreakthroughCoaching.com & BiblicalCoachingAlliance.com sites
– Private access to our exclusive Facebook group of Christian coaches
What distinguishes your life coach training from other schools?:
– A program that is highly affordable, highly practical, and highly Biblical
– Solid principles of coaching around Values, Purpose and Renewed Thinking
– Training as a professional life coach using our own “Breakthrough Process”
– Our students actually grow and change from hearing our material
– Ongoing communication, training, and support after you complete the program
Do you offer group training or do you just accept one-on-one clients?:
All of our live classes are currently one-on-one solo training with an instructor. However, you can form your own group with 2 or more people registered.
Do you only accept students in the U.S. or do you offer access worldwide?:
Presently, we accept English-speaking, Spanish-speaking, Italian-speaking, and soon Polish-speaking students from anywhere in the world.
What is your Statement of Faith?:
We are both Inter-Denominational and Non-Denominational.
It is our conviction that God has given us in His Word the essentials of the faith He has called us to embrace. Biblical truth sets us free to live lives of purpose and fulfillment. Rather than being a collection of esoteric propositions, the basics of Christian doctrine serve as the foundation for our spirituality.
Rooted in the orthodoxy of historic Christianity, we affirm the following essentials as our statement of faith:
The Bible – We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible, and authoritative Word of God. The Bible is the ultimate and final authority for believers and the Church in all matters on which it speaks.
God – We believe in one eternal God who has revealed Himself in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; distinguishable yet indivisible and of one substance. The Bible describes the character of God as good, loving, righteous, holy, just, merciful, kind, and perfect. God is all-powerful, all-knowing, all-present, and always faithful.
Jesus Christ – We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
Sin – We believe that as a result of the fall of man into sin, people remain spiritually separated from God and unable to attain right standing with God apart from Jesus Christ. Everyone has sinned and stands guilty before God.
Salvation – We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential. Salvation is wholly dependent upon the work of God’s free grace and is manifested through repentance from sin and faith in Christ and His finished work on the cross. Through His work, not our own, we obtain the forgiveness of sins and are adopted into the family of God.
Holy Spirit – We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. In this present day, the Bible says He is our Comforter and Counselor.
How may we contact Life Breakthrough Coaching & Academy?:
Contact Form: CLICK HERE
Mailing Address: 2054 Kildaire Farm Rd., Box 155, Cary, NC 27511 (USA)
Phone Voice Message: (919) 926-9647
How do you handle refunds?:
After you make your initial payment, you are given access to our private student area where you are able to view the class notes for the entire course to see if you like the curriculum and if you wish to continue. If you decide to cancel before or right after your first “live” class, you will be given a full refund. If you take more than one (1) “live” class, you will be given a pro-rated refund.
What about Life Breakthrough Academy’s accreditation?:
Life Breakthrough Academy is accredited by the Association for Coaching, has an A+ accreditation with the Better Business Bureau, and is affiliated with the Biblical Coaching Alliance.
There is no accreditation or approval recognized or regulated or overseen by any federal, state or local government agency for coaches. Coaching is not a government regulated industry. Coaching is NOT part of the allied health field or the fields of counseling, therapy, or clinical psychology. The various “so-called” accreditation organizations are just private organizations started by individuals and are not required or endorsed by any government agency.